Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Restaurant Review: Morgan's Restaurant - Wynwood/Edgewater - Miami, FL

I am not very familiar with the Wynwood area of Miami so I was very surprised about the almost middle of nowhere location of Morgan's Restaurant. However, once we arrived there and I saw that they had a free parking lot, I was ecstatic. Do you know how frustrating it is to search for parking and on top of that pay for the inconvenience? In any case, I loved the the look of the restaurant. My favorite colors are black and white so of course I loved the decor. We opted to sit outside, and enjoy the summer breeze. It was a nice evening and not at all hot. The atmosphere was just so welcoming and relaxing; I could not imagine eating indoors. The patio seating was the best part of the restaurant.

The food was good but not exceptional. I know that they are known for brunch, but I went for dinner. We started with the crab cakes and they tasted really good but for an appetizer which is something typically shared, I was surprised to see that the serve only one cake. Although a good size, I thought they should have had at least two separate cakes. For my entree, I got the Moules Frites. I enjoyed it, but it was nothing special. My boyfriend got the Charred Skirt Steak and he seemed to enjoy it because he mentioned how he would like to go back.

Crab Cake
Moules Frites
Charred Skirt Steak

The service was awesome. They were very attentive. Since we were outdoors and this is South Florida and summer, there were some mosquito. The waiter overheard my boyfriend complaining and offered him bug spray. Service does not get any better than that.

Although the food wasn't special, it was still good and I did love the ambiance and appreciated the free parking so I will probably go back for brunch to try them out again.


Morgan's Restaurant
28 NE 29th Street Miami, FL 33132
(305) 573-9678

www.themorgansrestaurant.com


Morgans Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment