Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ruby Tuesday - Hiatus-Davie, FL


My friend had received a coupon for a free burger for his birthday by joining their email club, so we decided to have an early lunch at Ruby Tuesday. Since we arrived so early (shortly after opening), the place was basically empty and we were seated right away. The restaurant was very clean and so was the salad bar. I think ever diner besides us went the salad bar route, so if you are into salads, it appears that theirs is pretty good.

In not much of a fan of salad so I decided to get the Avocado Grilled Chicken Sandwich. I typically would get a burger, but since I am trying to cut back on my meat consumption I got the chicken sandwich but I was disappointed. The chicken was a thick cut that lacked any flavor or seasoning, so it just did not taste good. The chicken was cooked well but the thickness of the chicken made it hard to taste the flavors of the cheese, avocado and even the bacon. The fries were alright but the fact that I had to eat them with ketchup meant I didn't really enjoy them but they were crisp and I know that someone else would really enjoy them; I am just picky with my fries. The other side I got was the Sliced Tomatoes but I did not like that either. It was doused in balsamic vinaigrette and it was too sweet for my taste. My friend had the Boston Blue Burger which I have had before and have enjoyed. It is topped with blue cheese crumbles, crisp onion rings, and their house-made Boston barbecue sauce. It may not be the best burger you have ever had but it is still a good option at a restaurant of this kind.



On this visit, I had water but their Sangria is pretty good for only $5. The also offer a few other cocktail options for $5 all day long; no need for happy hour.     



Ruby Tuesday
The Plaza at Davie - 11590 West State Road 84, Davie, FL
(954) 472-8288

No comments:

Post a Comment