Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Not So off the Chain: Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar (Nationwide)

I don't want to say that I hate Applebee's, but why would anyone ever eat there? I first ate there a few years ago when I worked in an office across the street from one and everyone also seemed to want to eat there because of the convenience. I didn't really enjoying the food I got there, but it wasn't bad enough to stop going every once in a while with my co-workers. Then came the other day when it was decided after watching a movie and wanting to eat somewhere but not have to wait, to go to Applebee's. It should have been a hint that there was no wait when all the other restaurants were packed. 

The food was by far some of the worst tasting food I have ever eaten. My boyfriend ordered steak which wasn't a smart move since it is commonsense that it probably wouldn't taste good at a place like this. He did anyways and was severely disappointed. He said the potatoes weren't too bad and the veggies were fine.


I had the ribs and I don't know how to describe why I didn't like it other than it was just terrible. The fries too. Cole slaw was surprisingly okay.


We started with the mozzarella sticks which also weren't good either. I don't know exactly how you mess that up.


All the food was lukewarm and tasted like leftovers they attempted to warm up but didn't feel compelled to fully do so. The service was horrific too. Dirty plates were left on the table the entire meal and the waitress never bothered to check in on us. 

Please just do yourself a favor and avoid this chain or at least this location.



Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
12719 W Sunrise Blvd, Sunrise, FL 33323
(954)846-2220
www.applebees.com
Applebee's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment