Monday, January 14, 2013

Destination Grand Lux Cafe: DeLux Peach Bellini, DeLux Breakfast Sandwich & Fried Chicken and Waffles



BRUNCH EDITION



DeLux Peach Bellini 
Champagne, Peach Liqueur and Peaches. Blended to an Icy Smoothness.



When I think of brunch, the only alcoholic beverage choices are usually a Bellini or Mimosa. So, when I saw that the drink special for the day was a Bellini, I ordered it without reading the description and was surprised when it arrived that it was a frozen drink. I probably should have know better since it was not apart of the morning cocktails, but in any case I enjoyed it. One thing I can say about Grand Lux is that they have a good selection of creative and delicious cocktails and I haven't had one yet that I didn't enjoy


DeLux Breakfast Sandwich
Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Ham, Grilled Tomato, Havarti Cheese and Mayo Piled High on Grilled Brioche Bread. Served with Hash Browns.




The food here is always big and breakfast was no exception. You might see the prices and feel that it's a bit much but portion wise, it makes it worth it. The DeLux sandwich was pretty deluxe! It was scrumptious and filling! It was a sandwich but very good. The Hash browns could have been better. I am not much of a fan of the crunchy, shredded kind.


Fried Chicken and Waffles
Topped with Crispy Fried Chicken Strips and Pecan Honey-Butter Sauce.




It was hard for me to really like this dish, having been to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, but I will say that the waffle itself was amazing! It was huge, light, fluffy and so good! As far as the chicken goes, I would have rather had real chicken than strips but the strips did made it easier to eat I suppose. The chicken was moist on the inside and had a nice crunchy texture on the outside but lacked flavor, which was very disappointing. The Honey-Butter added a nice touch, but even with that, it couldn't save the chicken. Overall it wasn't bad, but could have been so much better. I wouldn't get it again.

1 comment: