Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Restaurant Review: La Barraca Tapas Bar & Café - Hollywood, FL

Went to Spain, had a great time and have been missing it ever since. Once I heard about La Barraca Tapas Bar & Café, I suspected a visit would be great opportunity to hopefully experience what I have been missing.

From the outside of the restaurant to the inside decor, you know their goal is to make you feel as if you're in Spain. You are even greeted in Spanish. As soon as you're seated you are offered wine or sangria. I choose sangria and although it was good, I have had better. Be careful when ordering water, because they will bring you a bottle of mineral water and charge you $5.  Their complimentary bread was delicious, but only because their garlic butter amazing.

The tapas we ate were great, my favorite being the Fillet Mignon Kabob with Potatoes. The meat was tender, sauce mouthwatering and potatoes an added bonus. We also ordered Jamón Serrano (Spanish cured ham imported from Spain) because that was a favorite when we were in Spain and the Churrasco De Carne Con Mojo Picon (skirt steak with "mojo" from the canary islands). Both were also really good. My only disappointed was that I didn't try more, but I have the next visit for that.

On Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at 8 & 10pm they put on a Flamenco Show. The flamenco show was entertaining, but having experience an authentic show in Spain, it just was not the same, but it was still a great show. Note that if you dine at the restaurant during those times, they will tack on $5 per person to your bill for the show. Other than the unexpected charged for the show and the water, everything was reasonable prices.

La Barraca Tapas Bar & Café is a fun place that makes you feel like you're in Spain. They offer a wide variety of Spanish tapas, great wines, and an excellent live Flamenco show. And since I am unable to visit Spain all the time, La Barraca will be my alternative when I am missing it.


La Barraca Tapas Bar & Café
115 S 20th Avenue, Hollywood, FL 33020
954.925.0050
www.labarracabar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment